Safety and Fire Safety
- The company’s facilities comply with international laws, regulations, and standards for general safety and fire safety, the Israeli Fire and Rescue Authority’s guidelines, and has all necessary permits in place.
- The Safety and Fire Safety division strives to protect the health of workers, contractors, and visitors during their work in the company’s facilities and lines, and ensures their safety and the prevention of work accidents and work-related illnesses.
- The division acts to prevent fire events and handle petroleum spillage or fire events should they occur, while minimizing damage to human life, the environment, and property. The company’s facilities are equipped with designated fire extinguishing systems, with automatic activation capabilities enabled at the command centers in each facility and in the tanker farm.
- The fire extinguishing systems are examined and tested frequently, including activation performance according to standard requirements and the company’s protocols.
- The company’s employees undergo firefighting training at designated schools in Houston, USA, and in Europe, which lead the world in this field, and also receive specialized training on extinguishing and handling fires related to the company’s lines of business.
- The company regularly performs training drills and orientations for all employees in order to examine and preserve professional competency, and to provide rapid, effective, and safe response during real events and for any scenario.
- The company frequently upgrades its fire extinguishing systems at its facilities according to global technological developments.
Preventing Land and Groundwater Pollution
- Monitoring leaks – the national transmission lines are monitored via a leak control system. The transmission lines are regularly monitored in both live transmission and static modes. The company operates a national command center that controls operational activities in the national system, in addition to the individual control rooms inside facilities.
- Line maintenance – the company adheres to international standards for preventive maintenance of the distribution lines and manages a perennial program in coordination with regulators. The company protects the lines via monitoring and cathodic protection (a method meant to protect metals against corrosion, or simply put – rust). The cathodic protection system allows for active protection against the corrosion of petroleum lines, both underground and underwater.
- Petroleum line safety monitoring – the company oversees regular patrols of the distribution line infrastructure and complies with relevant water regulations, thereby ensuring the preservation of the lines in terms of safety, security, and statutory guidelines.
- Monitoring ground and groundwater – the company operates in coordination with the Water Authority and the Ministry of Environmental Protection, and engages in monitoring drilling meant to identify and locate oil pollutants in the ground and groundwater in the vicinity of the lines and nearby facilities.
Handling Hazardous Materials
- Storing materials according to the toxin permit guidelines; handling materials according to the best knowledge and common technologies.
- Managing a maintenance and operating system to supervise, monitor, and maintain equipment integrity, including tankers, pipeline, spill pallets, pressure release mechanisms, detectors, and troubleshooting equipment.
- Energy Infrastructures maintains general safety, fire safety, and protective equipment at all company facilities, including designated carts with absorbents and suction mechanisms to handle any scenario.
- Emergency protocols that specify responsibilities, powers, and actions to be taken during an event at any of the company’s facilities.